Association of Magistrates and Judges of Ghana (AMJG)
Recognizing the fact that the Judiciary of Ghana is solely responsible for the administration of Justice in this country under the 1992 Constitution; we, the members of AMJG are determined to carry out our Oath to do Justice to all persons without fear or favour, affection or ill-will and stand by each other acknowledging that in our Unity lies our strength.
Aims and Objectives
The Aims and Objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To promote the efficient, expeditious and most cost-effective administration of Justice in Ghana.
- To promote the independence of the Judiciary.
- To promote the Rule and Law in accordance with the dictates of the 1992 Constitution.
- To promote and protect the interests, welfare, dignity, integrity and honour of Members.
- To cooperate and coordinate, and where possible affiliate, with other Organisations, Regional or International, with similar objectives as those of the AMJG.
- To organize conferences and meetings with a view to achieving our Aims and Objectives.
- To encourage Members to observe the Code of Conduct promulgated by the Leadership of the Judiciary of Ghana.